Donations and Other Ways to Help
Thank you so much for wanting to donate ! We are 100% volunteer run, with no paid staff and no government funding so we always struggle to continue to cover the costs of these animals,. We spend over $120,000 a year on Vet Costs and we don’t want to turn anyone away so every donation helps !
Donate here as well: CHIMP
E-transfer can also be sent to email@example.com .. no password needed!
Donations always needed in order for us to continue helping animals. All donations are tax deductible.
- Click on the “Donate” button to donate through Pay Pal
- Call us and we can take credit card over the phone (250-818-6643)
- You can also donate by emailing a E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mailing a cheque – Please email us for a mailing address.
We are a Registered Charity # 81205 6208 RR0001 – Tax Receipts given for all donations !
Custom Cards for the person who has everything:
Donate to Broken Promises and we will make a custom card with animals in need and addressed to your special someone from you! We can do cards for any occasion !
What a special gift of love for those who have everything!
- You can make a donation by sending an e-transfer to this email or go through a website under the PayPal donate button
- You let me know if you want the card mail a card directly to someone or mailed to your directly.
- Let us know what type of animal you want on the card! We will put a photo of an animal or two of animals that have been helped through donations to us ! We can use a photo of a dog, cat or a small animal or one of each!
- Let me know how you want the card addressed and how you would like it sign.
- Also be sure to give us your full mailing address so we can send you the tax receipt!
Donate Canadian Tire Money:
We will use this to purchase food, and supplies for animals in rescue.
Purchase supplies and things needed off Amazon and send directly to us ! See just a few things on our wish list = Click Here
Donate Food or Supplies:
There are numerous stray cats and feral cat colonies all over Victoria and food is ALWAYS needed to help feed them. Volunteers go out daily to feed these cats and pay for food out of their own pocket. As you can appreciate it can be very costly!
We can also use both dog and cat food and supplies for Foster homes. If you would like to help this ongoing need please contact us directly to arrange pick up.
Donate a “NEW” Item or “SERVICE” to our Online Auction or Fundraisers:
Make a donation towards fundraisers/auctions and all proceeds will go towards the care of the animals in our rescue. As we are focusing our efforts on abandoned animals with medical conditions, our vet bills are very high and any support is appreciated. We will let the Victoria community know that you or your business supports animal rescue with acknowledgment on our website. Please contact us directly for more information or if you would like to make a donation.
Broken Promises is always looking for items to help us with our cause.
If you have something to donate please email us at email@example.com
Here is a list of Items we can always use:
– Martingale or limited Slip Dog Collars and 6′ Leashes
– Sensible Style Harness (the kind that has the leash attached to the front ring on the chest)
– Small and XS soft harnesses
– Gently used Toys & Kongs
– Specialized Dog Food, particularly the Medi-Cal Hypoallergenic or equivalent, Gastro and Hypoallergenic-ZD or equivalent
– New Pet Beds
– Cat Clumping Litter (Fresh 4 Life preferred)
– Cat Food – Dry and Wet (Good Quality)
– Cat Scratching Posts (New or gently used)
– New Pet Beds
– Un-expired Pet Medications
– Rubbermaid storage containers with Lids
– Large & Extra Large Wire Metal Cages in good condition
– Baby Gates- Plastic Clear Plexi Picture Display holders for tables (all sizes)
– Brochure Holders and Business card holders
– Folding tables for events- Folding/Collapsible Canopy’s for events
– Gift Cards to Pet Stores (we can purchase what we need !)
PRINTING SERVICES REQUIRED:
We are looking for a local business to do our Business Cards, Brochure printing & Greeting Cards – we would promote your business as our sponsor on our website and Social media sites !
T-SHIRT & PROMOTIONAL PRINTING COMPANY:
We are looking for a local business to do our T-Shirt Printing – we would promote your business as our sponsor on our website and Social media sites
NEW ITEMS OR SERVISES OF ANY KIND:
Any new or used item or services of any kind that we can use for our auctions
— all Business’s name are advertized with each item to show Victoria that you help support local animals !
Please contact us if you have anything you would like to donate ! Thank you so much for caring about the animals in your community !
And where does the money go?
I am sure that many people are fed up with the constant plea for donations. It comes from all corners and for all needy causes. The situation with the stray and abandoned animals has gotten worse over the years, partly because of the economic situation many people have faced. Vet care has become an expense that many have tried to stretch out with the animals paying a big price. Most of the animals coming into rescue now need major medical care. Hardly any of the smaller dogs come in with good teeth, many have teeth so abscessed and rotten their sinuses and ears are also affected. We are seeing lots of ear infections, skin conditions and bladder infections.
Here’s a sample list of the vet bills we have paid:
Marley (dog)- skin condition $480 (Marley’s adoption fee was $150)
Mickey (dog)- lodged stone and bladder surgery $2704 (Mickey is a permanent foster)
Gracie (dog)- 16 teeth extracted- $985 (Gracie’s adoption fee was $150 because she is a senior)
Gus (dog)- chronic bladder issues- $816
Tucker (dog) – neuter/vaccines/ skin issues/ dental $1071 (Tucker’s adoption fee was $150 because he is a senior dog)
Oliver (dog)- neuter/ 6 teeth extract/ vaccines $655 (Oliver’s adoption fee was $300)
Katie (cat)- hypothermic cat- $500 (RIP Katie )
Buddy (dog)- perianal hernia, neuter, microchip, dental $2053 (Buddy’s adoption fee was $150 because he is a senior dog)
Blackie (dog)- perianal tumours, neuter, microchip, dental $1456 (Blackie’s adoption fee was $150 because he is a senior dog)
Monkey (dog)- geriatric panel, x-rays $550 (Monkey was adopted by a vet tech who will continue with her care)
Sally (cat)- cornea patch, microchip $1085 (Sally’s adoption fee was $125)
Milo (cat)- eye removal, vaccines, microchip, Snap test $859 (Milo’s adoption fee was $125)
Tripp (cat)- Ruptured eye, vaccines, microchip $486 (Tripp’s adoption fee was $125)
Marlin (Cat)- dental, vaccines, microchip, Snap test $731 (Marlin is still looking for his forever home)
Peggy (Dog)- broken leg, spay, vaccines, microchip $6716 (Peggy still needed dental surgery)
Gucci (Cat)- lung worm, neuter, vaccines, microchip $815
Tom (Diabetic Cat at CRD Pound)- Snap test, complete blood panel $318
Miss Marbles (Cat) dental, Snap test, microchip $622
Petey (Dog) dental, blood panel, microchip, still needs eyes removed $1305
Halo (Dog) xrays, blood panel, heart medication, spay, microchip $745
Carlos (Dog) xrays, neuter, microchip $509
Napoleon (Dog) dental, neuter, microchip, vaccines $771