Benefits For Females:
- 100% foolproof way to prevent pregnancy
- Helps prevents mammary cancer
- Helps prevents uterine infections
Benefits For Males:
- Reduces undesirable male behaviors such as fighting, wandering, strong-smelling urine, and spraying.
Once a male cat sprays he may always spray, this is why it is so important to have your cat neutered as soon as he reaches maturity at approximately 6 months of age. Waiting until he is older may be too late to cure spraying even if he is neutered. The only way to be 100% effective to prevent him from spraying is to have him neutered before he ever sprays.
People don’t realize the importance of birth prevention and the related health risks of their pets and, every puppy or kitten that your pet produces, potentially takes the life of an unwanted pet.
Too many times we hear :
- We thought females were suppose to have at least one litter
- It’s a female’s right to bear litters
- I wouldn’t want to be spayed or neutered against my will
- Why deprive her of the experience of motherhood?
- Males have the right to mate
- Children should witness the miracle of birth
- She would have such pretty kittens (or puppies)
- The pups will sell for at least $40.00
This type of thinking has contributed to over population, suffering and death of thousands of animals each year. The sad truth is there just are not enough homes to go around and the overwhelming numbers in rescue, plus the number of euthanasias performed on unwanted animals proves the point.